Please read this Privacy Statement carefully before using this Website and its subdomains (“the Website”) operated by the Chartered Society of Designers (“the Society”) to promote the Year End Show initiative entitled YES.
We treat all personal Data we receive with the utmost care and consideration; please read and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Your personal Data is kept safely, securely, up-to-date and protected, and that you understand how we use it to offer you the best experience.
You have the right to unsubscribe from our database by selecting the unsubscribe option at the bottom of any of our communications or by contacting email@example.com.
- The Society collects personal information when:
the course details are uploaded and/or
the student projects are uploaded
- Data Protection and Privacy
The personal information that you provide (“the Information”) to us is collected for the purpose of:
Providing you access to YES and its gallery
For the purpose of providing you with services and products such as memberships, events and programmes
Your details are securely stored. By providing your personal details you are consenting to the use of those details for the purposes as above.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) and other supporting regulations, we have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
- Your Rights
All data collected will be held within the European Union and the European Economic Area or other territory complying with the legal and technical guidelines laid down for handling data by the European Union and will only be used for the specific purpose for which it was sought and to which you consented.
You are entitled to request the following from the Society -these are called your Data Subject Rights- and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk.
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
- We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss
Please notify the Society immediately by emailing to email@example.com or writing to us at:
The Chartered Society of Designers
1 Cedar Court, Royal Oak Yard
London SE1 3GA
…if any of your details have altered or are incorrect or if you wish to enquire what information we are holding on you. If you wish us to amend or erase any part of the information relating to you, we will do so, subject to compliance with any statutory requirements.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
- Storage and processing of confidential financial information (which includes credit card and payment details) (“Confidential Financial Information”)
We do not store or process any financial information.